Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Open House Jitters

Yesterday we had our Open House. I always get a little nervouse meeting my new students and their parents...but this year I was a little "extra" nervous because I won't be starting the school year. My husband and I welcomed home our son, Landon, at the end of July and I'm taking a short maternity leave at the beginning of the school year. As much as I am THRILLED to be at home with Landon and our daughter Sydney (22 mos.), it will be very hard not being there those first few weeks of school. Anyway...last night was a blast! I have a much larger class this year (17 last year and 24-25 this year), but I was able to meet all but 2 of my kiddos! I was pretty excited about the turnout!

This week we phase our Kindergarten students in by administering their KRAL tests and hosting a parent orientation. Our students won't have a full day of school until Monday, August 29th. Since I'm on "maternity leave" I need to spend this week getting lesson plans ready! Yikes! I'm thinking I'll download Julie Lee's Brown Bear Unit to make things a little easier for my sub the first week or so. Happy School Year to everyone!

Here are my cuties that I'll be enjoying for the next month- at home! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment