Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I think I can, I think I can...

Do you ever feel like you need the encouragement of the little engine? I know I totally let the months of August and September pass...oops! It has been a BUSY year so far. At times, I feel like a first year teacher all over again...just trying to keep my head above water.

I started the Daily 5 this year...with a new Writer's Workshop (Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills published some AMAZING units)...with a Reader's Workshop (Kim Adsit and Michele Scannell have made an equally amazing set of units for RW) and basically a new math 'curriculum.' I'm still trying to juggle the newness of these wonderful things...as well as progress monitoring some of my kiddos for the lovely '3rd Grade Guarantee' and other assessments. I'd like to upload some pictures of things we've done so far this year...and my camera is at school- again. I'm fairly positive that I've said I would upload pictures to this lonely blog for over a year. Hmmm...maybe this weekend! We just finished up a unit on Community Helpers last week. I had some super inspiration from Julie Lee and Jamie Mayas and their community helper art! SO CUTE! Currently, we are doing one of my fave units- APPLES!!! Happy Thursday (tomorrow) to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment