Saturday, September 13, 2014

Five for Friday

 Five For Friday- September 12th edition

     I'm linking up for the first time with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday Weekly Linky Party! This was our FIRST week in Kindergarten...and it was a FULL week at that! Normally we phase-in our Kindergarteners with clinic, testing, and parent orientation...but with a late start due to construction that looked a little different this year. We started our first day on Monday and called it quits on Friday! Whew!

Nothing like a good morning selfie on the First Day of School! My sweet kiddos all obliged and held up this sign as I took their pictures. I have 20 sweet face this year!


I don't know if I can ever NOT do The Kissing Hand on the first day of school. I just love our Chester activities! I SHOULD have snapped the pictures of the infamous handprint puzzles where we attached our poem from Mrs. Jump! We stamped a heart in the middle of our palms to go with our Kissing Hand theme. Making Chester from hearts is a super easy project for 1st day babes. Students had the opportunity to fill out the sentence "___________ came to Kindergarten today and felt ________." I put the date at the bottom too. I have all but two kiddos who can write their name (mostly legible) and I scribed the feelings part. This sweetie felt "super good" to be in Kindergarten! 


I promise I won't fill my Five for Fridays with SELFIES! EEK! How embarrassing! We explored our math manipulatives all week and it just melts my heart when they make link creations for the teacher. This particular sweetie even made it maize and blue for my favorite team! Living in Ohio...I'm usually surrounded by a lot of Buckeyes! Oddly enough, I'm a Michigan fan and I am so thankful to have 4 or 5 other kiddos who cheer for the same team as ME! 


MATH WORKSHOP! Friends...have you checked out the Guiding Kinders Math Workshop from DeeDee Wills and Deanna Jump? Amazing. We began using their units in the middle of last school year and I haven't looked back. Trying Math Workshop this week was a little frightening. And we didn't do it all 5 days...but we started it and each day was a little better than the day before. Honestly, after day 1...I was ready to throw in the towel. HA! But Friday, we did the lesson pictured above and it was AWESOME! My favorite thing about Kindergarten is all of the ways five and six-year olds amaze you.


LAST awkward selfie (I promise next week they're won't be a SINGLE one!)...but on FRIDAY...I joined my hubby as a 30-something! When you're out celebrating by yourselves...it's kind of hard to get a good picture. But we like to goof around and I hope that never changes as we work our way through the 30s decade. Between my beautiful Stella & Dot necklace (gift from my hubby) and my sweet cards and pictures from my Kinders...it was a pretty special day to bring in my 30th year of life. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment