Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Moooooving and Grooving

Sorry for the corny title, but I had to come up with something that made it seem like this Farm unit we're muddling through is ROCKIN' our world. But to be honest...it's slow-going. We're dealing with some schedule conflicts and a full moon. Can I get an amen?! We've got two more assemblies on the docket for tomorrow. Eeesh.

     Anymoo, I just HAD to share our little directed drawings we did today because these WERE rockin'! It was our first directed drawing this school year and I was more than a little nervous about trying one already. I don't think I've ever done a cow before either so there's that too. BUT directed drawings never disappoint. I don't know why I doubted the process. The end products always SCREAM uniqueness and personality. Don't you wanna squeeze all these sweet little cows!?


I fancied them up a bit with a little "mat" action.


I think these sweet drawings were just the motivation I needed to keep exposing these Kinders to directed drawings! Even on day 25 of Kindergarten...they did a fantastic job. Kinders never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see their little Mo Willems pigeons and Dr. Seuss Cats. What are your favorite directed drawings? I'd love to hear how YOU use directed drawings in your classroom. 

Hope you had a great HUMP day!








No comments:

Post a Comment